Los Alamos Light Opera is calling for proposals for the 2019 production, scheduled for performances at the Duane Smith Auditorium October 25, 26, 27, and November 1 and 2, 2019!
Criteria are as follows: availability (from the rights-holder-depends on whether the show is still on Broadway or on tour), good music, large cast with both women and men, dancing, uplifting, family-friendly, not “dated” (with inappropriate racial, cultural references) and not presented recently in Los Alamos.
Potential directors should request and review possible scripts before making a final decision on the proposed show. See the list of past productions here.
If there is a show that you want to direct that meets our criteria, please fill out the Production Proposal Form below and return it by December 31, 2018. Don’t worry too much about an exact budget. We know basically how much it costs to put on a show, so you only need to provide unplanned, additional costs that may arise, i.e., how are you going to pay for that chandelier in Phantom of the Opera?
The board is looking forward to enthusiastic responses, so let us hear from you! The final decision on the production will be made by mid-January, 2019.
LALO is always looking for new participants. Are you a singer? A dancer? Would you like to be involved backstage? Please fill out the form on this page to indicate your areas of interest!
If you’re not on our new email list, please sign up here!
Thanks for your dedication to LALO!
Production Proposal Form Instructions
- Potential directors should request and review possible scripts before making your final decision on the proposed show.
- Identify the Musical Director and Producer first
- Complete the Proposal Form for LALO Board review: LALO Production Proposal Form 2019
- Submit completed forms via mail or electronically by December 31, 2018.
- Completed proposals will be reviewed by the LALO Board, and directors will be invited to come to present their proposal.